Are you experiencing any of these common trauma symptoms ?
- chronic pain and tension
- feeling anxious and hyper-vigilant, or depressed
- chronic emotional or mental overwhelm
- not being able to relax
- feeling numb or shut down
- not being able to sleep
- getting irritated and stressed with minor triggers
- chronic high stress state
You might be experiencing the accumulation of past traumas or stresses that have not been processed in your nervous system. That can go all the way back to childhood or come from later traumatic events or situations. Any time our survival system gets activated and does not discharge all the way that energy gets trapped in the nervous system and keeps cycling, leading to more sensitivity to the stress response and symptoms like anxiety and hyper-vigilance. You might notice these types of symptoms after an accident or other traumatic event or you might not remember any specific events when that happened.
There is help for these kind of symptoms. Through body-centered trauma therapy your body and nervous system can learn to discharge excessive survival energy and return to a state of balance and well being.
This approach is for you if you are looking for:
- reduction of the fight or flight state, experiencing more calm, settledness, equanimity and peace
- coming out of dissociation or “freeze”, accessing more connection with yourself and others, more participation in life and more joy
- more relaxation and ease in your body and your mind
- more emotional stability